Find me on insta!

Instagram

♥ AIDA THEPINKGODDESS ♥

My photo
Life has taught me a lot about never to put hope on anything but ALLAH. Because when it turns out otherwise, the pain is unbearable. What crashed my past can never crash my present. Please do not use my photos without my permission. AidaThePinkGoddess™ © 2010 all rights reserved

Ayra Maysaa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 31, 2009

That time of the month. If you were ADAM, you will never understand but at least try to be empathetic.

If you were biologically a woman, I am definitely sure that you experience these once every month.

  • prone to mood swings
  • extra sensitive
  • become more feminine
  • crazy cravings for sweets and junkies
  • in the mood to declutter
  • bloated (you feel fat because of the water retention?)
  • swollen breasts (sometimes it hurts)
  • back ache

In my case, I know the time is just around the corner like 7-10 days prior to menses. Obvious sign is my face become more oily and maybe there's a zit or two. Very2 severe bloating that I feel I'm twice my size! I tend to doll up, berhias, melaram and wear something very2 pink and feminine. Blog layout, profile pic , aah you just can tell when is my PMS.hahaha...


E.g. Exhibit A: Pink

Exhibit B: Pink and craving


Can it any obvious???? heee


Well, these are the Pre Menstrual Syndroms. I myself as an Eve cannot describe and explain how powerful hormones are. Being a weightwatcher, I have to admit it is very2 difficult to topple this cruel temptations. The craving can go as far as you can eat anything that passed. And it's not because you are hungry , it is just that you need something to chew!! Am i right? Time ni la tiba-tiba mengidam chocolate cheese cake, frappucino, kinder bueno, smarties, pringles, big apple donuts, tarts and KFC never smell any better! And you can tell there's a distinct line between your PMS time and your normal time. Betul tak2???

Scientists and medical professionals don’t completely understand the causes for PMS and the cravings that go along with it yet. The general consent is that hormones like progesterone, estrogen and testosterone are involved, as is the brain chemical serotonin.

The fact is that many women crave certain food, mostly chocolate, sweets and salty / fatty foods like potato chips during “that time of the month”.

Are PMS Cravings Really Dangerous Or Addictive?

While PMS cravings aren’t particularly dangerous, some of the foods we eat and the amounts in which we eat them aren’t exactly healthy. Eating several candy bars for example isn’t a good idea. On the other hand, eating a bite of chocolate, or a handful of chips won’t kill you.

The key is not to let these cravings get out of control, or they can lead to weight gain, obesity and all the health problems associated with it such as diabetes, heart disease and certain types of cancer.

What Can I Do To Curb My PMS Cravings?

The best way to curb PMS food cravings is to give your body the serotonin it craves without going overboard on the sugary stuff. Skip the bag of oreos and the pint of ice cream. You can get the same craving curbing effect by eating complex carbs with a little fat and protein in the mix to slow down the absorption of the carbs. Good choices are whole grains, beans, lean protein like chicken and rice cakes.

Perhaps the best way to cut down on PMS cravings is to change when and how much food you eat. Keeping your blood sugar level even is your best bet. Try eating six small meals spread throughout the day. Each of the meals should include some complex carbs, some protein and a little fat to keep your body satisfied and avoid blood sugar spikes that will only lead to more cravings.

You may not be able to get rid of your PMS food cravings completely but by following the advice above, you can manage them and gain at least some control over your cravings.

P/S: it is normal to gain 2-8 lbs during PMS due to the water retention and gas. Worry not girls, it will subside when your period is over,until then, enjoy being a woman, If ever your spouse ask you, can it be that bad?

YES, IT CAN BE THAT BAD!!


blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com

The purpose of this entry is in fact I am exp my PMS right now, that explains the blog layout change. And I want to feel better by sharing with my species who are in the same boat :)

source

5 chemistry(s):

Anonymous said...

yup2..agree to that!!i usually count the days b4 my menses, so i will know the exact or approx. date when will the BIG day arrives! SO during my PMS period, i will avoid caffeine, chocolates n iced foods as they will make my menses worst, with stomach cramps n all..this is wht i do during my PMS time. hope this helps =)

cravings? o yeah, tonnes of it!!my other half usually gets panicky when i asked for weird things in the middle of the nite! once i said to him i wanted to eat cempedak goreng, and he said, ok, but u have to prepare money to bail me out from jail bcos i will hav to steal from other people's kebun!!hahaha

PurPLe LaDy AiFA said...

im on this rite now... more sensitive than ever! and cute little pimple on my pipitembam. heh

good sharing!

abu ubaidah said...

Love u baby~~

Aida The Pink Goddess said...

ano: yes, sgt2 unexplainable how strong the craving is kan,

mtk cempedak goreng, tu craving lain tu.hee

eppa:sensitive sy nangga monster inc. tek sy nangis! haha

babyboo: love mu more sayang...

rozane_anma said...

hi, salam...i just wonder why my friends always says that we are the same person before...now i know..

Related Posts with Thumbnails